Strive Training: Civil Service Career Launcher
This course is available to 19 - 24 year olds who live in Greater London, who are unemployed and in receipt of benefits and want to learn more about a career with the Civil Service.
What is the Civil Service?
The UK Civil Service is an organisation that advises and supports the government in delivering policies and public services. Nearly 500,000 people work for the Civil Service across hundreds of departments, in all sorts of roles, spread throughout the UK!
It is politically neutral and independent of the government and political parties. There's a place for anyone who's motivated and hard-working in the Civil Service – and this course will help get your foot in the door!
Why work for the Civil Service:
- A huge variety of career opportunities that suit all ambitions and personalities – from engineers to administrators to delivery drivers.
- Great work-life balance with flexible, hybrid and part-time working options, as well as good annual leave and family leave packages.
- Excellent workplace pension scheme, which is regarded as one of the best in the UK public sector..
- Ample opportunity for career and personal development, with access to coaching, mentoring and work-based training courses.
- Great health, wellbeing and discount schemes – from retail discounts to reduced gym memberships.
Why do this course:
- Improve your CV, job application and job interview skills – and earn an accredited qualification in Employability Skills.
- Get an inside understanding of the Civil Service's recruitment process.
- Hear directly from Civil Servants about what it's like to work for the government.
- Our employer engagement team is standing by to provide any additional support on applying for Civil Service positions, plus they will provide you with exclusive access to other career opportunities.
By the end of this course, you'll have:
- Created a clear, concise and professional CV that will help you stand out amongst hiring managers from all organizations.
- Have the confidence to ace your next job interview – whether it's in-person or online.
- Uncovered a suitable job for you in the Civil Service and have the tools to confidently complete the application process.